Licensed Mental Health Counselor
Certified Addiction Professional
Approved Quality Supervisor
se habla español
Professional Counseling Center is interested in providing individuals, families and couples with mental health services that will focus on a holistic approach that covers the physical, mental, emotional and social conditions. We are experienced in assisting individuals to adjust and adapt to their environment, achieve emotional stability and regain healthier relationship connections by providing them with the necessary tools to accomplish success.
We provide the following counseling services in English and in Spanish:
- Adolescent 13-17
- Children 2-12
We specialize in the following areas:
We take the following insurance plans:
Staywell, Amerigroup, Sunshine, Psychcare, Molina, Humana, Prestige, Cigna, BC/BS/Florida Blue
- We have a License Mental Health Counselor with eight years of experience in working with individuals that suffer from Mental Health Illness, Problems with adjustment, Emotional disturbances, Phase of life changes, grief and loss, domestic violence, child abuse, disruptive behaviors, impulse control and more.
Our Licensed Mental Health Counselors are experienced in working with couples at risk and couples interested in working out their marital conflicts or simply to better their relationship.
- Marriage Counseling
- Pre-Marital Counseling
- Pre-Divorce Counseling
- Inter Family Conflicts
- Children's difficult behaviors
- Substance Abuse Treatment Groups 12 or 24 weeks
- Anger Management Group
- Parenting Classes
- Batterers Intervention Program (BIP)
- Women’s Empowerment Group (WEG)
DOMESTIC VIOLENCE AND SUBSTANCE ABUSE INTERVENTIONS:
- COURT ORDERED ASSESSMENTS/Evaluations:
- Mental Health Assessments
- Substance Abuse Assessments
- Batterers Intervention Assessments
- Parenting Evaluation
- COURT ORDERED CLASSES/GROUPS:
- Substance Abuse: 12 and 24 weeks
- Anger Management: 4, 8, and 12 hours
- Impulse Control
- Drug Awareness
- Battered Intervention (BIP)
- Women’s Empower Group (WEG)
BATTERERS INTERVENTION PROGRAM
- Professional Counseling Center’s vision is to decrease abusive behaviors used by tactics of power and control between intimate partners, family members and children. Our goal is to do this through teachings and education about the dynamics of domestic violence and acquiring non-controlling and non-violent behaviors.
- PROGRAM SPECIFICS/CURRICULUM
- Assessment (approx. 90 min.)
- Orientation (90 min.)
- Class Sessions (90 min.)
- 27 or 29 week class sessions depending on sentencing
- Assigns responsibility for the violence solely to the batterer.
- Provides strategies and assistance to the batterer in taking responsibility for violent behavior.
- Encourages development of critical thinking skills, self-awareness, and identifying appropriate, healthy behavior choices rather than violence.
- Supports the belief that domestic violence is, primarily, a learned behavior, and is NOT provoked or the result of substance abuse/use.
- Designed to improve communication and conflict-resolution skills and listening with empathy.
- Challenges stereotypical gender role expectations.
- Identifies the effects of distorted beliefs and thinking on emotions and behavior.
- Identifies the effects of domestic violence on children, partners, clients, and others.
Send us a message and we'll be in
contact soon or call us at 321-442-6665.
We're located at:
2220 E. Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy, Suite 8
Kissimmee Fl 34744
and at 280 Patterson Rd, Suite 6
Haines City, Fl 33844
Grief and Loss
2200 E. Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy, Suite 102, Kissimmee Fl 34744
2015 Professional Counseling Associates Center